Friday, December 19, 2008

Wow a week has passed, and soo fast! Last Saturday, my sister Louie and me went supply shopping like I told you. We got lots of ribbon (lots!!), hair clips, headbands, fabric and more fabric! Most of all the ribbon is now living happily in the new headbands we have in our etsy shop and well haven't done anything with the fabric yet!

Gosh tomorrow I have my interview at the design school I'm applying for, I'm really exited. I have to wash a shirt now that I remember. I've been so busy during this whole week. The kids at the tutoring center I work at had their Christmas party, which was pretty cool. Us tutors and teachers have been working real hard to decorate and all.

Umm lets see what else is new to tell... ah! My mom is still annoyed at me for going into design and leaving engineering. She came up with the vague "you are not going to make a living with that career" dilema. I know its important to make a living to support youself and all, but why not be true to yourself and do what you love best? Why must it all be money related?

All in all I'm happy with the decision I took. I'm feeling like myself again, with the liberty to create, view things in a totally new way! By the way and talking about being creative, my sis and I got inspired to make those adorable headbands thanks to anime!! haha Well yeah we did some fashion browsing (checking what styles are in in other parts of the world) and we found out that Japan has some cool (yet very wacky) stuff to wear! Like check this lolita gothic attire. I dunno but I like that stuff. That is something I would have worn in high school! well yeah my sis and I came up with this red ribbon head band to celebrate the style! What do you think, we added a little of our own thing to it. Well I think that's all I've done (besides sleeping, eating, going to work and bathing!) So until next blog guys!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you for going for it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the headband! 'specially the lil pewter(sp?) heart in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your interview. I started off as an engineer as well, but realized half way through my schooling that my heart was not in it. So I changed paths and went to Design school instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an adorable headband! Good luck with the career switch:)Follow your heart.
    Cheers, Shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  5. great headband. I love japanese fashion - i even have a whole book with just pictures of japanese street fashion. Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it! Follow your dream! My parents didn't want me to go into the arts, but once I started making money at it, they became my biggest fans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you for following your heart..,that's inspiring! And this headband is adorable! Good luck and never give up

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);