Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Found a Great School, but I'm broke...

Yeah, I sound like a high school kid that planning on going to college and realizes he/she has no cash to pay for it. Well, having a degree in engineering means I already wasted my Pell grant so I won't be receiving any financial aid, so whatever I decide to go for, I must pay it off myself.

I finally found my dream school for fashion: The Academy of Art University in Los Angeles,CA. They have a great Masters degree in Fashion Marketing! Their curriculum is a dream and best of all it's online!! That means I don't have to move and can stay home and keep my part time job at the tutoring center and help my family out! (Reason I don't have a job in engineering is that I apply like crazy but no one calls :( )

Now, the only problem is that the degree is worth like $46,000. I wouldn't like to get into debt because I'm helping my family to get out of them. I started my Etsy Shop out to get some extra income for my sis' and my studies (she's in journalism school) but I didn't have $46,000 in plan. I'd like to figure out a way to save at least $8,000 before the fall 2009 semester starts. I really don't want money to be the reason I can't follow my dream. So yeah, If you guys have any ideas that can help me generate some cash, please let me know Okay?

Tomorrow I'll be featuring some new shops so make sure not to miss it. Take care!! and Until next blog.

3 comments:

  1. damn, thats a lot of money - makes me happy I'm in the UK. £3000 sounds so little now.

    All I can suggest for generating some more money is selling a load of stuff you don't need/want on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough one.
    My boyfriend is currently following his dream of getting an MFA in painting from a really good graduate school. We don't have a lot of money, and this is going to put us in some significant debt, but...he feels like it's going to be totally worth it in the end, and I feel the same way.

    Just keep positive thoughts in your head and I am sure it will work out in your favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you can find a scholarship or grant?

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);