You might be wondering, why am I writing about emo fashion? What is emo anyways? Emo fashion has been catching my eye for a while. Like I posted in the last blog, I love combining black with tons of colors and I think that is definitely what has me loving it.
Ok, here's the deal. Emo is a type of music that supposedly evolved from punk rock. It's short for emotional, since the songs are usually about broken hearts and strong issues and problems. The thing is that, just like punk had its own dress code; emo is doing the same. Emo fashion is mostly characterised for bright colors and black, skinny jeans/pants, converse or skate shoes and messenger bags with lots and lots of pins. There are different subdivisions in the emo fashion culture:
- Faded, tight shirts with random logos bought from thrist stores. Vintage tees also work fine. Oh and Hoodies are a must have!
- Skinny jeans or pants. You can cuff the hems a bit.
- Converse sneakers! Black and blue low sneakers are the best.
- A black messenger bag with tons of pins, patches, ribbon.
- Lots of accessories. Beaded stuff, chains, bows and make-up.
- V -neck tees in solid, dark colors and band tees that you buy in shows.
- Dickies pants in black and gray, or you can still wear skinnys.
- Black converse and argyle socks.
- Black Messenger bag with patches and pins.
- Pointdexter Glasses with black frames.
- Accessories like pen holders and such.
- Pea coats in dark colors or hoodies can also do the trick.
- Skinnys jeans/pants.
- Dr. Martens boots, converse and other black shoes.
- Black messenger bag with few pins and patches.
- Accessories like scarves, star necklaces, bracelets and earrings, pointdexter glasses and such.
Tell me are you into it? Is it appealing to you? I'd like to know. Take care and until next blog!