Friday, February 6, 2009

All Girls are Beautiful!!

Media has been feeding our girls (and boys!) that there are certain standards to be considered beautiful and attractive. Unfortunately, our youth has assimilated them as true and as you can see, they struggle with so many complexes and issues like eating disorders, identity problems and other psychological problems that we probably didn't have growing up.

I am a fashion lover, and at least for me it's sad that our society has been taught that to be fashionable, in, hip or whatever you have to be thin to fit in designer clothes. I truly differ, I'd like to see more realistic models down the runway.

Browsing the internet the other day, I discovered that Dove is working on this awesome campaign to exalt real life beauty, not that photoshoped stuff you see in magazines and ads.

It's called the Campaign for Real Beauty. I saw the videos they had on their site and they are so touching! That's exactly why I'd like to share them with you. I want every boy and girl out there to know that they are precious creatures, individuals and beautifully special.

I'd like it if you'd check the link out and share it with every young girl and boy you know! http://www.dove.us/#/cfrb/

Tell me what you think? Is media the reason that our kids are growing up with so many complexes? I'd love to hear your comments!

9 comments:

  1. all human a real life beauty..
    this by me..how about u???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to read about beatuiful people that are people just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I couldn't agree more. Love what Dove is trying to do!!! --Michelle, http://entersweepstakes.today.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think no matter what age we live in there's been a notion of what 'beauty' is...we just get bombarded with it now that we have visual media...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, as dove is still a giant corporation, invested in maintaining a "friendly" and openminded facade, as that's something their target market values- those ads are still 'shopped like crazy. It's pretty much unavoidable when you're dealing with the ad budgets that they have and the ROI that their boards of directors and shareholders expect.
    I wish there was more real "real" beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see major companies do this! Our daughters have so much more to deal with than we had do (us 80's children) as far as the media goes. Girls need to know that beauty is NOT what they see in the magazines. Kudos to you for this great article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to hear someone's points about this.. I agree with you, we are all beautiful.. I easily like natural beauty than those photoshop stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always adore natural beauty, too much make up will make woman seems use a mask. The less the better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so inspiring to know that each and everyone is perfect in their own way. Every girl should express their unique qualities and feel beautiful.

    I love that you posted a blog on this. It made me smile. (:

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);