Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Obama Crazy Fashion

Guillermo Mariotto, a fashion designer for the Gattinoni house in Italy has designed a kaftan with President Obama's face printed on it and another gown was dedicated to First Lady Michelle.

Yep, just as you can see here, our President has even inspired fashion designers! I think this is pretty cool, but a tad scary. In my opinion one must be able to express admiration, but I think that a President is something pop-culture shouldn't mess around with. I mean it's great to admire their style, their example as a wonderful family and to exalt them as what they are: the Nation's First Family. But bringing them down to "celebrity level" is not a very respectful thing to do.

Now my artistic side says it's a beautiful piece, wonderful blend of colors and beautiful movement, but at the same time I can't help comparing this to having Hannah Montana in a bunch of T-shirts at Wal-Mart.

So what do you think? Do you have split feelings like me, do you think the piece is stuning, or is it just plain wrong?

2 comments:

  1. The designer of this gown certainly has an eye for colour. One would have to be really tall to wear this type of gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like it. I don't like the idea of having anyone's face on my dress though-no matter who they are. I think the dress will be hip for about 2 days while the country is giddy over the election then it will die down.

    I agree with you that celebritizing the first family is not a good idea. He runs the country, he isn't a pop star. He can't do both and The First Lady and most definitely the children should not fill that spot.

    Another thing people should remember is while he may be just what we need, he is a man and will make mistakes. It is inevitable that in the next 4 years it won't happen. Cut him some slack and let him do his job. I have a friend who said shortly after the election that he hopes people will remember that he is a source of change and not a savior.

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);