Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How to wear Chuck Taylor Converses -a.k.a my fave shoe ever!

I remember the first time I had a pair of Chuck Taylor Converses in my hands. I was 14 yrs old and wanted them to wear with my plaid and dull school uniform. They cost me only $25.00 bucks. I got them in black, (soon after that I saved my allowance to get more colors!) and believe me, I wore those with everything, even for church on Sundays (yes, that drove my mom insane!).

The purpose of this post is to show you all, (if you are as Converse crazy as I am, or maybe not that much of a fan) how to mix and match them for any occasion, that is, if you are comfortable being the center of attention wherever you may go!

Ok, for Gals:
  • Chucks look sweet with skinnys! Grab a pair in any color and mix them with your fave pair of jeans and a comfy t-shirt. This is a great outfit for a day at the mall, hanging around town or if you want to feel comfy.
  • Chucks look awesome with mini skirts and leggings/tights! Go wild combining them with wacky colored leggings or tights and a denim mini skirt. If you're not into denim, plaid or even tulle skirts (tutu's would do awesome) will make you a star!
  • Chucks look great with your school uniform! Ok, use them only if your school's dress code permits you. Get accessories that are of same/contrasting colors to make a statement and have everyone's eye on you!
  • Chucks look dreamy with dresses too! Try this if it suits your personality, because if you are a glam, girly girl your friends and family could not recognize you, lol. Dresses look best with low Converses and cute ankle socks.
  • Chucks look lovely with your wedding dress! I know, sounds totally insane. But, browsing around I found this adorable bride wearing Chucks embellished with rhinestones! Be creative and unique!
Now, for Guys:
  • Chucks look great with shorts! Low Chucks make great accents for khaki or denim shorts and comfy knit tees. Combine them with some white socks and a cool cap and you got an adorable guy next door look!
  • Chucks look great with a tux! And suits also! Team them up with jeans, a nice button up shirt, a great black slack and a wide wrist watch and get set to turn some heads over!
  • Chucks also are great for guys school uniforms! Find some neat watches or bracelets, even a necklace with a guitar pick will give you a skater flair.
A great place to find cheap Chucks (I know they are at like almost $50.00 a pair) is ebay. Don't be afraid of shopping second hand, you can find great treasures that way!

18 comments:

  1. i didn't know that kind of shoes are called chucks! i'm so outdated with fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Chuck Taylors are God's gift to feet! And you have a pink pair...I am so jealous!

    Thanks for the award! *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful award and I Love your Chuck post! hehe Especially the wedding ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooooo just got a pair. I was telling my friend what a child I felt in them!!!! But I am really going to try and own them this time!!!! They just make me feel so care free....like I kinda just want to skip everywhere when I wear them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a pair for my wedding!! Bet they would be way more comfortable than heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother has a thing for Chucks too. He got several pair off of eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the versatality of chucks, very comfortable too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them with the wedding dress! Wish I would've thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I word Adidas Shell Toes to my wedding. Damn why didn't I wear chucks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, I never would have thought of using chucks with a dress and ankle socks. Such a good idea! Also, I like the idea of wearing them with a wedding gown. It would be comfortable and the rhinestones are a perfect idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted a pair of high tops and never got them. I really should get on that. Btw I like your tips, that bride looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted a pair! I don't know why I don't have one though..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much sophie for making a post about this! Chucks are for everyone! I mean we all wear them right? I've been collecting them since I was in sixth grade, and I loooove them! It's so comfortable and casual. I looove this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have actally been considering buying a pair of Chucks for myself but fear they have gone "trendy" -- thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bead up, they kinda have. But I've been wearing them forever and I don't really consider them a trend... ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Agreed, Sophia! Way to be :) Do you prefer high tops or the other kind (don't know their technical name...!)?

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);