Saturday, June 20, 2009
The Vintage Hair Look - How to get dreamy, vintage pin curls
Summer is here and along with that comes our busy schedule of family reunions, outings, summer dresses and sandals. So, we have any time left to deal with our wild, dry hair? The answer is not really. So, a very sweet way to wear your hair this summer that would totally flatter any outfit for absolutely any occasion is with Vintage Pin Curls! I was trying it out myself (yes, today was a pretty boring Saturday) and jotted down the procedure so you can all try it too. Here goes!
Some curling gel or lotion (depending on your hair type)
A light scarf or hair wrap
1) Wash your hair and condition it as you usually do and towel dry it. If it's all tangled, comb it gently. Also, if your hair is naturally straight/fine, find a nice curling gel or lotion and apply in this step.
2) Take moderate strands of hair and curl them tightly around your index finger from the tip to your scalp. Roll the curl off your finger and use a bobby pin or two to secure it to your head.
3) Keep repeating step 2 with the rest of your hair, do curls in different directions to add some fun to your hair.
4) Keep the curls for several hours or over night, wrapped in a scarf or a comfortable fabric wrap.
5) Remove them and fix them around with your fingers, spray some hairspray and but a pretty flower on it and voila!
Hope your curls turn out super sweet!! =D