Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When you run out of gas... (little ideas and tips for fashion bloggers)

Coming up with fashion ideas to blog about almost every day is a tremendous task. Sometimes we do run out of ideas even though we hang around with a little notepad writing down everything that comes to mind. I'm thankful because I know that my readers appreciate every little tip and advice that I can offer in this insignificant corner of the world. So to you all, my most sincere thanks. *kissies and huggies*

So when us fashion bloggers run out of gas ( ideas to write about ), sometimes it's a tad hard to find something to inspire us to write. I prepared a list of ideas just in case one of us ever needs to be delivered from fashion writer's block:

1. If you can't write, inspire. Post pics of anything that inspires you; old movies, clothes, shoes,
books.
2. You usually write about what you wear, write about what you wouldn't!
3. Give some advice. Write about a garment and how it should be worn, etc.
4. Write about your fave magazine, t.v. show, band, etc. and their fashion and style.
5. Feature another blog. This is also a great idea to bond between blogs.
6. Write about your fashion faux pas.
7. Search for cool items and make a little wish list and post about it.
8. Browse around for fashion news and fix up a little article.

Oh, little reminder to enter my blog giveaway, just click on the picture on the top left!

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful Advice!
    I love seeing posts about what not to wear, or Fashion mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog:-) You have some really cute things in your Esty shop.
    Greetings from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is great!
    sometimes we feel so stumped too, and its nice to know that we aren't alone!
    thankyou for your lovely comment, and it sucks that you were hindered in your travel plans coz of the swine flu T_T
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh great advice! I often struggle to write every day because I want to keep a theme to my blog, but getting more personal lets readers connect with you AND your store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome that you would share that! I agree. I love reading about what inspires fashion writers, or even just what inspired a certain outfit. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stellar advice! I'll have to keep that in mind. I was an inconsistent poster for a while, but I don't plan to let that happen ever again! There's always something to write about. Now I have the opposite problem and have too many things to post! :)

    And thanks for your comments. Too funny that we seem to like all the same things, and also happen to be singer/songwriters! I've actually thought of posting my music on my blog, but thought it would be a tad much. :) And we both love fashion and anime, a great combo! Have you ever watched/read Nana or Paradise Kiss? My current favorite is just ending its spring season in Japan: K-on! That's great because it's about a girl band. :) You'd probably love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read your posts on what
    not to wear! I love your style!
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas. Thanks so much. I just recently expressed on a past post that I never know what to write about other than my outfit posts! But these will definitely give my blog a little extra for my readers.


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! Love #6 especially

    ReplyDelete
  11. My trick is always to ride the wave of inspiration and make multiple posts that I put on reserve for later.
    P.S. H&M doesn't ship to me either. I have to drive over 2 hours to the nearest store. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. nice tips! and i know they always work! LOL.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello's, I'm so glad you agree with my views on celebs becoming fashion designers, its so very out of order.

    Anywhos, LOL love thee tips. Wish I could run out of things to pen about my problem is my little brain is always too full!he he!!
    Post it notes are a life saver, I have them stuck all over the place.

    Have a nice weekend hun (:
    PeAce & BoWs...
    prettyneOns Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pic, great tips =) Thx for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm constantly out of gas, blog-wise, so thanks for the tips!

    Hope you are able to "refuel" and get plenty of rest, otherwise!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);