Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Metamorphosis - Diary of a boy with big hair (and my quick outfit post)

Yay! Home at last! These past 2 1/2 days have been some of the most hectic, stressful and fun days of the school year. Though I cannot say that I'm well rested (I'm pretty exhausted) but I can say that we had a great time being all tired together.

For our last dinner together, that special celebration meal where we give the students medals for their hard work and achievements, we all got together in one room and did each other's hair. It was so much fun even the guys wanted a makeover too! Though, 3 girls weren't enough for one of the boy's hair! ( Don't know why he wanted to get rid of his locks, they're awesome)
And I really, really tried to do something with it. Simple blow drying wasn't gonna work so we tried ironing, though that just made his hair incredibly poofy. But hey, he still wanted to go for straight hair even if it wasn't working out, I mean it's not everyday your math teacher can do your hair.
The metamorphosis was complete. From extremely curly to somewhat kind of straight though frizzy, I think it went well with his shirt! Oh, that's my outfit btw. I'll post some pics later.

13 comments:

  1. My oldest son has pretty long hair too, but it is really straight. Maybe you could do something with his hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I don't know which I like better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Crazy hair!!! I loves it!!! Hey lady, if ever you would like to special request how I do a makeup look (I can do a tutorial post), just fill in the comment form at the bottom of my blog and I will get to work ;)

    Hope you get to de-stress and relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That looked like it was a lot of fun. I liked his hair curly though! I can't imagine my Math teacher going "Hey Cesc, can I straighten your hair?" You seriously are one of a kind!

    xoxo
    Cesc

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?! His hair is awesome. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice hair. Both before and after. Cute outfit btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what a transformation, great job there :) and you look so cute in that black dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww that was so much fun ! funny to see the transformation . xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Love that vintage hair look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see the kind of relationship you have with your students. Doing his hair alone is enough to exhaust you for a couple of days - your designs are sweet, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thanks for stopping by my little blog corner! I have to say, I LOVEEE your headbands--I am (admittedly) a Gossip Girl addict, and the desire to sport a band just like Blair is overwhelming. It sounds like you're having fun on your trip--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post - what fun...your trip sounds amazing and the hair story is a riot...by the way I LOVE the Coco Chanel comment you have here...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);