Saturday, August 1, 2009

I wear Pigtails & Blushing Cheeks

Daria & Willow are the sweet bloggers of Pigtails & Blushing Cheeks, a blog I fell in love with not so long ago. The girls are ultra cute and their style is full of color and fun shoes and cool DIY stuff!Pigtails & Blushing Cheeks, how did you come up with such a catchy blog name? Who wears pigtails and who has blushing cheeks? ^-^

Willow came up with that name which she heard from the song Festival by Aussie band Little Scout. and it's probably Willow who has got the pigtails (long hair) and Daria definitely goes red in the face a lot, when she's not feeling confident !

Define your style. Who loves to wear what? Fave colors in clothes? Any specific trends you like to follow? What's in your wardrobes!?
Willow: I'm someone who gets really bored with my clothes like really really quickly. Or I have these random periods of time when I'll wear the same outfit alot, then suddenly i'll start wearing the COMPLETe opposite! like i'll be really girly one day, and then BAM! its full grungey boots stuff going on. I used to abhor black, and like really cutesy girly colours but now I'm starting to dig the plainer, less patterned stuff. I dunno it really depends on my mood. And if i see something cool on someone else, I'll IMMEDIATELY lemming it, and try to emulate it.

Daria: obssessively colour coordinated, the only colour i don't wear is brown. my style is influenced by everything i see, if it's not boring, then it'll probably influence me. i'm not so worried about trends, but i do take notice of them and see if i can pull it off or not!
If you were to only do, eat and wear these same 3 things for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Willow: I would go markets & cool shops all the time with infinite amounts of money, I would listen to good music. I would eat sushi, pasta, and icecream. I would wear my trusty docs, my lovely high waisted skirts, and my armfuls of bangles/bracelets/watches.

Daria: I would do shopping, meeting with friends and (trying to) make stuff. I would eat salmon, tomato and chicken. I would wear dresses, hats and high heels. Even though these are things i like very much, i'm not a fan of too much routine!

Daria & Willow, they are such c
ool names! Do these names reflect your personality and style better than your given names?

Willow: LOL wow I can't even remeber why i chose this name, I dunno, maybe i was feeling really, .... (what does the name evoke in you?? ) maybe I was feeling nostalgic, or like,... ethereal or something LOLOLOL I don't think it suits me at all, I'm actually really vulgar and crass hahaha

Daria: Daria is that sarcastic combat-boot wearing teenage girl from an MTV show. My posts on the blog reflect my style, and the name reflects how i feel at times in life. We needed internet names, because only a very few people in real life know that we run a style blog ...

Describe your perfect afternoon.

Willow: Sunshine, a park with a swing set and my friends and we are all wearing beautfiul clothes. Or the same good weather and we're exploring the local markets for hidden treasures. Or a rainy day, but spending it indoors in my local vinnies looking for some hectic clothes ahhhaha.

Daria: one word: FUN... it's got to include the people that i have fun with, that's the core to having a perfect time!

Besides style and fashion, are you girls obsessed with anything else?

Willow: I've started to get really into 2ne1- which is a korean girl group but it is totally kickass and not at all like any other korean group- their style is so awesome i'm always blown away by them. The music isn't like, that great, but I really like the individual girls- CL is my favourite. They wear awesome lego jewellery!!

Daria: I think i am obssessed with imagination itself. I grew up reading Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton, so it's influenced me alot . Your occupations are Santa's under payed elves, do you work all year long, or only near Christmas? (lol) And is Santa that mean?

Willow: hahaha we work all the time *shifty eyes*

Daria: i came up with that one, neither of us have any jobs, (hence the inexpensive wardrobes we own) . honestly it's because we are both short people, and i'm the one with the weird elf ears... Santa, if you're reading this, we love you, please cross our names off that bad list you've got!

And we'd also like to thank Sophie so much for picking us for a feature, we're stunned and honoured. We'd also like to give a BIG BIG THANK YOU to our lovely visitors and readers!!!






34 comments:

  1. I can't wait to check their blog out! Cool post!

    xoxo
    Cesc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one of my favorite bloggers is interviewing my other two fave bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, lovely interview and lovely blog! I didn't knwo them until now, thank you!!!

    And thanks for your comment! I'm really glad that you like my outfits <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound like such a cool duo! This is a great interview especially the cute last one XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome interview and post! I love their style... must be great having a friend to blog with :D Thank you so much for sharing... hope you're having a wonderful weekend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU SO MUCH SOPHIE!!! (sorry but capital letters are VERY neccessary here)

    your blog is amazing itself, such an honour!!

    (so over excited at the moment, going loco, so i'll stop with the craziness now =P)

    -♥D&W

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice interview and great blog..i love it..when you have time visit my page and follow if you like. I use my blog to recognise young, talented and ambitious individuals by featuring them every once in a while and seeing as you are a young designer, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind doing a feature(interview form) Let me know
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, thank you for sharing :) And for commenting my blog: http://barkatt-barbro.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have such a fun style, perfectly suited to their fun blog name!
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)
    xx
    p.s. sorry to hear about your back condition :( I hope it's gotten better since.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just landed here and you should know that you have a great blog! Really enjoying my visit here. :) Nice to know you - and these interview are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amusing and fun style! lovely interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aawesome interview, aaawesome pics!
    all great
    love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous interview! That is the cutest name for a blog, and Daria and Willow are tres adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, they have incredible style. So unique and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a pretty blog! =) You're accesories are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aw they seem so sweet, i must check out thier blog
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Their blog is excellent! This was an awesome interview, good job

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love tag team blogs! these gals have great style and photos - wonderful interview.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this and I love their blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute! i'm a civil engineer too, so i LOVE this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. really cute pictures and that red hat is adorable!

    xx

    www.inspirations.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found out about their blog a week ago. They're so adorably cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great interview ! have to check their blog soon . haha . your blog is lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. they look awesome! - definitely going to check out their blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. great interview! so many cute photos!! <3
    -Linnéa

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun duo, great interview and love their style!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey,thank you soo so much for the comment!
    and this interview (plus the girls) are very lovely.
    - min.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that red hat! Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just discovered their blog and they are so adorable. I totally want to put them in a box and play dress up with them! Great interview!


    Thanks so much for stopping by! Loved your comment - hmm, maybe I will get a bang tan. You are my muse.
    girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. the outfits are great! :) adorable and lovely interview..

    xx

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);