Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Who's my Inspiration...

I believe friendship is a strong bond. Whenever a friend is overjoyed or, on the contrary, is grieving; we feel that happiness or pain as if it were our own. And, those feelings motivate us or drag us into an abyss or make us ride that rollercoaster of emotions that can inspire so many things.Truly, I must say my friends inspire me. They don't only inspire outfits or aspects of my personality, they inspire music; lyrics and melodies that tell special stories that I can only live through them.

This is the first time ever that I post any of my lyrics anywhere, really. I usually tend to keep them to myself or just share with very few people, just for critique. But, for some reason, I feel that I should share these; and yes, it was indeed inspired by a friend. I only needed one phrase to start writing and capture the feeling of what was being said...
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I walk you every night through the dark

And you don’t seem to notice,

I cry,

Whenever our paths part

I built a house on a hill

Hoping that someday you and I,

I dreamt,

A nightmare, it was all in my mind

I thought I should hang on

I thought I could try harder

Then again…

Chorus:

Maybe I’ll just leave you alone

I’ll stare at you out the window and sigh

Then realize…

That you never ever really were my own

And every time that I hold your hand I will close my eyes

And still pretend that your heart is mine to keep ‘til the end.

Can’t say that I don’t miss your smile

Those piercing gray eyes that now cloud up my skies

I failed,

I tried, couldn’t make you mine

And I color with crayons a life,

that I know I’m cursed to live without you,

I bustle,

It’s all black and white


I thought you belonged with me

I thought you’d be able to see

But then again…

Chorus (maybe like 2 times):

Maybe I’ll just leave you alone

I’ll stare at you out the window and sigh

Then realize…

That you never ever really were my own

And every time that I hold your hand I will close my eyes

And still pretend that your heart is mine to keep ‘til the end.

Bridge:

Of time, with you by my side I knew I was stronger,

Your company just made every second seem longer,

I believed my arms were your home, can you grow fonder?

To whom does your heart belong to, I wonder?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hope you guys liked it. I'm kinda having trouble choosing a name for it so if you all have any suggestions they are totally welcome!
I'm still working on the music for it, and maybe (only maybe) I'll tape myself singing it and post it (if I get the nerve, lol).

Today's the last day to join my giveaway so hurry up!
Ciao! =)

15 comments:

  1. Awww, that was sweet. :) I really hope you post a recording of it! I write a lot of song lyrics too, but I've never had the nerve to let anyone hear my songs.

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that uve shared this with us.. i think u should call it 'to color with crayons' :)
    hope u had a great xmas my dear :)
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Sophie and I'm glad you shared it with us. Some people come and go but true friends will always remain with us no matter the time and distance! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. friendship is really important :)

    I love ur lyrics...
    It’s strange but… it tells how I’m feeling to a person…

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful song, you are very talented! Hmm, maybe you could call it Black & White or Til The End or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. really great words ^^

    I like the photos too :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, dear Sophie!
    I really enjoyed reading those lyrics. Very good! :) What do you play? I would really like to hear you sing this :D
    Well, the only thing I remember is Until the End (you have that sentence in your lyrics) but I'm not very good suggesting...

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie, this is so sweet!! I really love it! If I think in a good name for the song, I'll share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are such touching lyrics :) i love your work. post more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that's so cute!
    i joined your giveaway on the first day heheh! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAH friends do rock a whole bunch! Great lyrics. Those are exactly the words to describe one of the friends I am leaving behind when I move to a new city, tomorrow.

    I think you should call it 'HOUSE ON A HILL'- a great analogy for that kind of friend.

    Ps thanks for the packing tips! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friends inspire me too =) Pieces and bits of them make up who I am.
    Lovely song! I was going to say "Leave You Alone" but I like above comment "House on a Hill".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your lyrics are beuatiful - thanks for sharing!
    I just came across your blog & love it! Am following now. Happy Holidays!
    ~Jo
    xx

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);