Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Angelic Point of View - Part II

As you all may know, I fell in love with the beautiful work of young photographer Angelica Minier; a friend of my sister's who's way of portraying life from the lens is unique. Btw, she'll be working on the photography of FunnyPeopleCo's Spring '10 collection, so I'm totally psyched to be working with her.
The first part of her interview is here, if you'd like to check it out.



Tell us about you, do you study photography?

I'm studying Hispanic Studies while taking pre-med classes. I'm planning to go the School of Medicine and then I'll specialize in psychiatry. Apart from the literature and photography, the two things that excites me the most. I am among those who thinks that it is not necessary to study photography. You just need to know how to use the camera and the rest is determined by you, using your imagination and your fingers you can create magic. It was hard to take the decision of following medicine as a career, but I eventually realized that literature and photography will always be a part of my life in one way or another, while medicine is a career that requires time and effort and I can not let it pass, because if I take another route it would be very difficult to turn back.


And what do I do? Well I do things that makes me laugh, that makes feel alive, that makes me dream a little bit but not too much that I can't recognize reality, and I like to "be", the simple fact of "being" is what at the end of the day makes us feel complete.

Do you have a message for those that feel that photography is their true calling and want to follow in your footsteps?
If you want to pursue photography all you have to do is grab a camera and start taking pictures of everything you want to capture. Do not take photos of anything for the sake of pressing the shutter bottom, take photos of anything you want to last forever. Regarding photography, I think there is nothing worse than an empty image, and there is nothing better than and image that speak for itself, you must always make valid this quote: a image is worth a thousand words. You don't need to have a professional camera (I started with a simple one), you just need creativity, and to put soul into every photo. It is a wonderful art and if you decide to pursue it you will love a little more with every photo.

This is the last part of her interview so make sure to check out her work: flickr, etsy, devianart

***** Important Alexander McQueen UPDATE - Gucci is going to take over the brand so McQueen's legacy will not die! YAY!!****

21 comments:

  1. I can relate to her interview, especially the part where she speaks of doing things that make her laugh and inspire her. She gave good advice...indeed, just take a change on your dream,... live and grow into it.

    And oh @ Gucci carrying on the dream of McQueen. I would've love to have seen Chanel do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great and definitely inspiring interview :D the black and white photo of the girl lying in water took my breath away - stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures and great interview. I like the picture of the cat the most, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! wow hablas español? gracias por contestar mis firmas :)..si quieres pasate por mi blog que le he dedicado una entrada a tus accesorios :) espero que no te moleste!

    besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the interview. Her photos are lovely.

    pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! Love the photos<3

    xoxo M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazingggg, beauutiful picturess.
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the kitten picture! And the Coco Chanel quote! And the headbands!

    I'm a headband fanatic...

    -Erin
    Style-savvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this with us, sh'es so talented... gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the portrait! i had to go back and look at it a few times, it was so surreal, and looked almost like a painting. very talented! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous photos - lovely interview! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing photos cant wait to see the spring collection photos!! who are you using for models or will you be doing it yourself?
    Vicki xo

    http://magpie-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that first pic is simply stunning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That photo of the woman on the beach is straight up beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very excited about the Gucci news! Hurray! These are some beautiful photos as well. Great interview. As for the bag, it concerns me that you haven't received it yet. :( So I will contact the contest people and make sure it's on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Her photos took my breath away! Thank you for this interview, it really inspires me with my photography <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, i agree with renwore...her photos are breathtaking.

    thanks for posting this. it's really motivating 'cause one of my goals this year is to make photography a hobby.

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);