Friday, February 26, 2010

Fashion 101 - How to Wear Floral Prints

Spring is finally here -tho it really isn't much different living in a tropical island where its darn hot all year long - however along with spring comes those lovely floral prints that we just love to wear around this time o' year.

You might think that picking up whatever floral shirt would flatter you, but think again - floral prints are not inoffensive. It depends a lot not only on your particular style, but on your body type.

So make sure to follow these little tips to rock this trend as it should:

1. If you are petite/ small framed: avoid huge prints in shirts, blouses, dresses, you name it. Big floral prints make you look a tad unproportioned and make you look fuller -go with the look if you are after that looking fuller appearance.

2. If you are average/kinda tall/average frame: totally go for it -yes, I am envying you right now, lol. Big floral prints are just another everyday thing to you and would only do you good.
3. If you have a full body type/large breasts/or really curvy: avoid the the big print in those areas because that will magnify those body parts we'd like to slim down, so small and medium floral prints it is for you also.

Hope these little tips help and just remember, style and dressing up is all about having fun.

Are you going crazy over the floral trend??

**LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENT (yes I had to use the caps, lol): Our Spring Collection is almost ready @ the Shop so guys stay tuned for more headbands and now including embellished tights and shirts!**

25 comments:

  1. Great tips. I'm going to get some floral tights cos it's still freezing here in the UK :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tips, but can't see myself in anything floral this Spring or Summmer. Me and floral? we will not be shopping buddies. Hope your day is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post, I LOVE florals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips! I'm not big on the florals apsecially the edgy bright ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE florals, but I'm sure I've made plenty a faux pas in my days. I try to stay away anything that makes me look like a grandma instead of a mom...and after 23 years of living in Hawaii, I try to stay away from anything that resembles Aloha wear :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i lovelovelove florals!
    theyre my favorite right now!
    soo cute.

    wow! thats ironic with the IBS i guess a lot of people have it. hope your sis is doing well also! :))))0

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually avoid super girly looks like the plague but I'm really liking florals right now.. especially that first top you picked out. Stripes + Florals = two amazing trends in one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! i'm obsessed with florals right now and this is some really great advice on how to wear this trend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, these tips are really astute and right on. And had the unfortunate consequence of making me want to buy floral things! Especially a pretty floral cropped top.

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I am going to purchase a floral skirt....yummm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips, I love the floral dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie-

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I LOVE your headbands! The Golden Bloom one for the giveaway on Sammi Suits is my absolute FAVORITE! I'm a headband addict. Hehe.

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great, helpful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, thanks for the advices :D! I was wearing today a floral dress, I think I made it right, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love floral. Definitely gonna try small print (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tipps^^
    the floral dress is soo cute^^

    here in portugal it´s raining and windy -.-
    but I hope spring will come soon^^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the last dress ^^
    i thinks sometimes florals can be cute but it's always florals every spring :p

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh great tips ! And yes I love floral prints ! Just so lovely ! :D Hope you're having a nice weekend dear ! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I live in a tropical island so I don't have to worry about the weather dictating what I wear, but I'd love to see florals in winter, they'd really stand out :DDD
    Also, I really really want that jacket! <333

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent advice! :D I love florals, but they can be tricky! I think this will help me out a lot with spring shopping!

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tips darlin and I am excited about florals this season!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore floral prints so very much, actually I'm probably in one, or more, over 90% of the time! :D

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);