Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Fool

And the night approaches, inevitable. A soft rain showers the city as darkness falls; every soul scatters. There, in the heart of the park she lays, stranded, every moment deeper in her pain. She's tired and has let the evening pass by.
What's left of her disappearing shadow is her only company, and she, with the light, will soon hide 'til morn.
Her only fortune lies within her; a pure heart and some smiles of memories past. Piercing blue eyes are no more; a lost stare prevails and through it you can read her story.
Counting her blessings with every finger on her hand, she ponders. Bending down the rails of the bridge; her eyes meet her reflection's. Shutting them, she can still see what she has become.
Shivering cold; finding warmth in a dream, fooling herself once more.

.
~excerpts of my random ramblings in ethics class - yeah I get sooo bored in that class that all I do is draw and write everything that comes to mind.


21 comments:

  1. ahh i love wat u write and i love the picture :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice chica! And the picture suits well your written work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find random ramblings result in the best writings :) Love the words you used here, they bounce off the page (or err, the screen)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like and it agree with Nikolett- sometimes the best writings are just ramblings...honest and unfiltered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really, really beautiful. You should check out simplyunknown.blogspot.com....don't follow her, or she'll get mad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you write and it's amazing how your randomness turns out so well. That's often the case because it can be natural too. I love the picture in this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do love your blog. From the pink polka dots to how real everything is. so many of these fashion blogs are like opening a copy of a glossy mag. (not that yours isn't Vogue material) it's just that if I wanted Vogue I'd buy it...

    On that note. Beautiful piece on swan lake too. I also just recently saw that ballet in South Africa (I die several deaths for the dance of the cignets and the pas de chat in that dance!)

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Lovely picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. if every boring ethics class would result in something like this .......I think you should attend regularly and never miss one :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this was so beautiful, Sophie!
    I wish I could read more of your "random ramblings". They are so pretty...
    kisses *

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I find the best ideas are found from my ramblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sophie :)

    This is You vs boredom?! Nawh, this was intriguing storytelling :) I liked it alot - pure. But when you think about it, isn't that when we're the most creative...that is in our bordeom, I tend to think so :) Have a fab day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the writing dear!
    mind to exchange link?
    thanks

    join my giveaway :) 1205 giveaway
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, nice writing. It's like art :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, this had such a bittersweet theme to it! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a great piece. good thing you were able to come up with a good one despite boredom. sometimes, some people just got it effortless :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely post my dear! Loved your hairband photoshoot ull have to let me know what you think of my latest photoshoot!! putting the photos up tomo!! excited to see everyones thoughts on the pics! :)
    vicki xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Write on, my lovely, I love your poetic ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what you wrote is absolutly amazing!

    <3elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);