Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cross Dressing -DIY Tutorial by Nylon Mag

Browsing around Nylon Magazine I found this really neat tutorial for a remake of Jeremy Scott's gold cross-studded dress on the "church of Fashion" runway show.

I'm posting the instructions here at the blog, but if you want to read the whole article just click here.

1. Find a long - sleeve black velvet dress (either bought or something vintage for fun)
2. Go bead hunting at your nearest craft store and get some crosses and fun stuff to sew onto your shirt.
3) Get home, fetch some thread and a needle and sew them in a pattern.

Nylon's rendition of the gorgeous dress for less.


Voila!


12 comments:

  1. I LOVE Jeremy Scott. Very cool; thanks for sharing! Being fashionable doesn't mean we need to go broke. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing idea. Love both of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love nylon, can hardly ever get my hands on it now that borders has shut down though ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting tip, even though I wouldn't do it with crosses. Not my taste. But I do have some buttons here and maybe I can do something with them :)
    thank you for the tip :D
    kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this also! Such a great tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd never have thought to try to DIY this but now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the coolest DIYs I've seen in forever... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice dress! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);