Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Father's Day Post

Father's day really isn't one of my fave holidays. I quite avoid even leaving the house during this day because, well it's a tad painful for me to see people of all ages with their dads together and smiling. This is even a topic I try avoiding for as long as I can. I don't like remembering the sad parts of my relationship with my father; seeing him leave, never knowing about him after his departure. I like keeping in mind that I'm still daddy's little girl that enjoyed playing soccer with him and standing around observing him sew and learning the craft (that's where the designing skills come from) and just resting in his arms; that's how I rather remember him.

It's already been 10 years since he left and we last heard of him, and even though every Father's day I do feel jealous of those others that have their dads around, I've always hoped that maybe somewhere, he might be missing us too, and maybe deep down he wishes to rewind all those years of being absent from my sister's and my life.

*just if you wonder, I'm the oldest one in the pics*


Happy Father's Day!
... and papa, if you ever read this, we adore you too and hope you're having a great father's day wherever you are.

**PS: sorry for the sad post, it's just something I had to get out of my system**

10 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot of people are posting really depressing stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry about your dad. Just don't give up hope. I'm sure he thinks of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's good to get things like this out of your system as you said. I'm sure many people can relate to how this feels, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet of u im sure he would appreciate it and it's good to get it out of ur system

    ReplyDelete
  5. very emcoional post :)
    I hope the best for :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just read this and made me feel more thankful about having my father with me. I'm very sure wherever he is; if he sees you now he would be very proud of you :) You are an awesome person and keep being amazing!

    Much love!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie, glad that you can think of your dad on this day and I pray that one day he will find out the beautiful girl that he is missing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazingly touching ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
    do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
    Fashion watches
    Discount watches
    Antique pocket watches
    Engraved pocket watches
    pocket watch

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);