Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let the Light Shine...

And he took her by the hand, as if he were guiding her through the dark like a little child. Silently, walking hand in hand; no sound, no words. Approaching an old lamp he asks her to turn it on; and so she does. He places his hands, blocking the light. She, not understanding the meaning of this all asks "why are you doing this?" Softly he swipes her hair behind her ear, leans forward, and gently whispers... learn to not block your light; let it shine.

~random ramblings from my notebook written between classes
and picture by me

What blocks your light?

14 comments:

  1. wow I love that post! such a great reminder in such a pretty way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D beautiful! Love the picture!

    http://www.style1509.blogspot.com
    Live.Laugh.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was freekin beautiful.
    youre an amazing writer.<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful x

    Missy
    Enter my Halloween giveaway:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great writing and picture. :)sarahD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! You are so talentred at writing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Following your gorgeous blog now xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear, you are amazing! I always look forward to your posts. This one was beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. my country, my country blocks my light all the time. But I can't hate it :)
    Love what you wrote.


    Thanks for your comment! Thanks for your comment, I'm not alone in this world :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous. That's just the reminder I needed today, thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);