Thursday, November 18, 2010

Anywhere but here...


I don't want to be here any longer. If it weren't because I don't have the cash to move out, I'd be long gone. Anywhere but here...

I want to be in a place, city, town that challenges me; where I wake up in the morning, look out my window and all I see is a display of art; a masterpiece.

I can't find that here, I feel this place drains the energy out of me; art, fashion, music here are not appreciated. If you are someone perusing any of those careers, you will not go anywhere here. You'll just dwell in frustration, you'll feel like your hands are tied and you have no place to go to.

Anywhere but here...
Preferably NYC.

6 comments:

  1. sending you lots of love and cuddles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we can feel lost, but you have to find your way, I believe you can do it,
    you need patience and hard work them will see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way, hopefully I'll be able to be somewhere else, somewhere great, when I grow up. Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post pretty much sums up my life. Let's run away to New York together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you're talking about.. sometimes we feel kind of lost but things get better ;)

    Stay happy & Live.Laugh.Love.
    http://www.style1509.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel. And I am from New York and live only a state away now, and have been trying to move back for over three years! It's very tough to find creative jobs that pay well. I have a writing degree and work as a fashion freelance writer, but I can't make enough to live off of my assignments. My dream job is in fashion editorial, and slowly but surely I'm trying to make that happen. I truly believe that if we keep applying ourselves, good things will happen. Can't win the lottery if you don't play, and all that. You've got this great accessories line, and I do hope you'll be able to make it to NYC one day to showcase all of your talents. In the meantime, I empathize with your frustration and hope you are able to do the things you long to do! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);