Sunday, November 21, 2010

FUCK THE SIZE!!!


This post may sound more like a rant to the clothing companies and please don't get me wrong, I love having representation of our lovely fellow fashion bloggers and them getting involved in collaborations with clothing stores out there desperately trying to reach and convince the public with this new type of advertising but PLEASE GET BLOGGERS THAT ARE REALISTIC -not already models or dead skinny girls that look like models!!! Most of us fashion bloggers are OF ALL SIZES!!! Petite, Tall, pear-shaped, bootylicious; you have a variety to choose from!

This is not a rule for Indie sites and shops only (which are doing a great job featuring girls of all sizes) but big companies should also think about considering this also.

We want a world where every girl feels happy with the body nature gave her, not to create this utopia where are girls are created with the same size 0 measurements; and I thought fashion blogging was a safe haven. The blogosphere was that untouched place, now I even read posts like "I want to be as skinny as ______ blogger". And this is sad. The fashion industry's perfect body portrait is infiltrating our system. And it should be stopped because, whatever healthy girl we have left could soon be lost.

I say FUCK THE SIZE.
Check this post from my fellow fave blogger prettyneons about the "Size" topic here.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. I agree that everyone should be happy with their body no matter what shape or size! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Yes, fashion bloggers have unique style and personalities, yet the most refreshing thing about these bloggers is they ARE real people.

    I am weary of larger companies forcing that "size 0 ideal" down our throats; something that magazines and television have done for ages. I really hope they celebrate the diversity of real girls with style instead of missing the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! People of all shapes and sizes are fashion bloggers, and every one is beautiful. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. It's hard finding clothes that fit me. And do you know what? I couldn't be healthier! I exercise every day and I eat right, but I am still a size 8. So FUCK THE SIZE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! We should embrace all sizes big or small! Thank you for your sweet comment fingers crossed I get one of the jobs.

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);