Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful? Perhaps...

This year has been a complete roller-coaster of feelings, experiences and everything else in between. I, for one, am not the type of person that gives "thanks" to whatever makes this universe go round for everything she gets/happens on one day a year. I don't really enclose "giving thanks" to a deity or anything either, anyone that takes a part in my life gets a share of it - the thanks I mean.


But just to follow tradition for fun I'll write down a little list of things I just give thanks for today.
Sophie's list of thank yous:
3. having great people to share life with, being them family, friends or mere passer-bys.
2. being able to live a dream, even if it's hard to manage things and keep up.
1. The pumpkin pie we'll be having later on. I luv pumpkin pie

Pumpkin Pie Recipe!

Ingredients

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
  2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
To all of you guys out there that either celebrate this day or just don't;
Happy Thanksgiving.
=)
now don't over stuff yourself with food, alright?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie! I don't think we should reserve just one day to give thanks either...but its a nice reminder and a great excuse to get together with everyone:) Have a great day! Love your blog...am following now.
    xo
    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving day! These are great thing to be thankful for...and the picture really makes me want to crave some pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum yummmiieee..
    http://mformariza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your thanksgiving. I've never had pumpkin pie but have always been meaning to try it.
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, would love you to follow. You have a great blog, glad I discovered it!
    Oh and I went to see HP the day it came out too - a little obsessive myself!
    xxx

    http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment, now it's your recipe that is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your sweet comment, i'm using wordpad for now until my flatmate downloads his copy of office on my laptop but i really did need to calm down and breathe!
    Hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe!! I hope you had a great thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you had an amazing Thanksgiving, my dear! I love your little list of thank-yous.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great list.

    Also,those pumpkin cupcakes in the photo look really good

    ReplyDelete

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel

);